UPDATE: Here is a breakdown of how the Scavenger Hunt shall commence!
1. Upon arrival, participants will pay their $5 entry and sign up.
2. At 6:30 we will break up into teams. The size of the teams will depend on number of and age of participants. Each team will have a leader, whose job is to carry the clue page and document (photo/video) their team's progress.
3. Each team will have the same set of clues, which will lead them on a hunt through historic downtown Guthrie. Clues/tasks must be documented by a photo or video to gain points. Teams are encouraged to strategize the most efficient way to solve the clues, as they will not be in order and may cost you time zigzagging through town.
4. The hunt begins at 7:00. Each team will have one hour to find and document as many clues as possible. One point per minute will be deducted for teams arriving past 8:00pm—so stay aware! Unanswered clues do NOT lose you points.
5. The team with the most overall total points wins the trophy as well as free pizza and drinks, and a small prize.
Remember, 100% of the registration fee goes to provide school supplies for Guthrie High students and teachers. Extra donations are very welcome!
— Join us August 12 for a scavenger hunt of the bicycle persuasion!
Last year we held the hunt at Hoboken Coffee Roasters as a fundraiser for our brick and mortar location. This year we are fundraising for school supplies for Guthrie High School teachers! The entry fee is $5 per person and 100% of the funds go to supplies for the school.
Last year teams went out in search for fun and wacky items/experiences, earning points as they went. The Guthrie Goon Squad won the majestic golden perpetual trophy (currenly on display downstairs at The Boarding House). The team with the most points this year will not only win the trophy, but also a free game pass for each person!
If you don't wish to participate in the hunt but would still like to contribute, now is a great time to grab some extra items while back-to-school shopping! Teachers run out of things like copy paper, ink, pencils, pens, kleenix, hand sanitizer, dry-erase markers, and notebook paper quickly due to budget shortfalls. Help them help our kiddos by participating in the bicycle scavenger hunt or by donating supplies.
You may bring supplies or donations to The Boarding House at 124 W. Oklahoma Ave. between now and August 12. Most info on the hunt will be posted in the next few weeks!