Facebook event page
Sheraton Midwest City Hotel at the Reed Conference Center
5750 Will Rogers Rd, Midwest City, Oklahoma 73110
Join us for the 27th annual SoonerCon convention, the OKC metro’s original longest-running SF fandom and pop culture convention. The three-day event occurs June 22-24, 2018 at the Reed Conference Center and Sheraton Hotel in Midwest City.
This year’s convention theme is “Beyond the Veil” and the program centers on worlds unseen, fantastic metropolises, wainscot societies, parallel realities, cryptids and possible futures. We’ll also delve into themes of exploration, imagination and observation; things are not always as they appear. Think urban fantasy, paranormal romance and horror genres. Plus, our usual mix of SF genre programming and activities all weekend!
SoonerCon 27’s special guests include:
Carrie Vaughn, Literary Guest of Honor
John Picacio, Artist Guest of Honor
Rachel Caine, Writers Workshop clinician
Selina Rosen, Toastmaster
THE Jerry Bennett, Featured Guest
Larry Nemecek, Featured Guest
LLoyd Lee Barnett, Featured Guest
…plus more featured guests to be announced
There are many things to do at SoonerCon including:
• Panels: Over 100 discussion panels covering a wide range of fandom, art, literary, maker, geek life and science topics.
• Complete three-day children’s programming track
• Costuming/Cosplay: Casual cosplay and featured costume contest with prizes.
• Art Show: One of the largest Sci-Fi/Fantasy themed art shows in the region.
• Art Reception (Friday Night)
• Live Art & Charity Auction
• Live music and other performances
• Gaming: Over 3000 Square Feet of Indoor gaming space (25 tables with scheduled Card, Board and RPG games). Outdoor games and activities too (weather permitting)!
• NERF War (Saturday and Sunday mornings)
• Friday Night All-Ages Dance
• Exhibitors Hall featuring one of the most unique shopping experiences in the area.
• Meet artists, authors, and local club representatives at their artist alley or club tables.
• Numerous charity fundraisers benefiting local charities, including the annual charity auction.
• Writers Workshop (limited seats available, registration opening soon).
And much, much more!
Check out soonercon.com for the most up-to-date list of guests, events, volunteer opportunities and other convention information. For questions or media inquiries, please email [email protected]
or call 800-745-0398 or message us at our Facebook page.
SoonerCon runs entirely on volunteer power and is produced by the Future Society of Central Oklahoma, a nonprofit dedicated to promoting the arts, literature and the sciences through the lens of pop culture.